Florence Torson-Hart: President, US-Ghana Chamber of Commerce
Financial Advisor, Merrill Lynch
Florence Torson-Hart is the current Board Chair of the US-Ghana Chamber of Commerce headquartered in Philadelphia PA. The Chamber is dedicated to the facilitation and promotion of trade &investment, economic growth, increasing business opportunities and advocacy on behalf of its membership in both countries.
She leads a Wealth Management Team at Merrill Lynch.Prior to joining Merrill Lynch; Florence was the CEO and Founder of a successful multi-media company. She has extensive experience in Advertising, Public Relations, Marketing, Publishing and TV Content Programming. She is a graduate of Drexel University with a Dual MBA concentration in Financial Management and Accounting and holds a BA in Publishing with a Marketing and Editing specialization. She is also a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
Florence is a member of several charitable organizations and has a passion for fitness. Originally from Ghana, West Africa Florence currently lives in Philadelphia, PA with her family.
US Ghana Chamber of Commerce Goals and Objectives
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
Provide a forum for actionable discussion of matters of mutual benefit.
- Seek to participate in the enactment of business friendly legislation at all levels of government
- Present business enrichment programs, information and orientation on executing business in both countries
- Provide a platform for one on one business opportunities through effective networking, research and partnerships in both countries.
- Strengthen the cultural and socio-economic ties between the two countries.
- Identify resources that match members need for funding, strategic partnerships and related activities
- Networking meetings and mixers,
- Business roundtables discussions, seminars and workshops featuring invited key governmental and nongovernmental personnel, trade/investment facilitators, and successful private sector players.
- Trade missions to both countries to further strengthen business, cultural and socio-economic ties.
- Grant members insights and access to quality research, policy papers successful strategies and data
- Special fundraising events such as Luncheons, Award dinners/Galas,
- A monthly newsletter to provide current information on the business climate and activities of interest