AGROBUSINESS TIMES (agrobusinessngr.com) is Africa’s premier magazine on Agriculture.
From inception, we have impacted positively on the lives of several people within and beyond the shores of Africa in agriculture and its related businesses through information dissemination, guidance, and consultancy while educating farmers, would-be farmers and agribusiness practitioners because knowledge is power.
WHO WE ARE
Our strong bias for the agriculture sector is borne out of the following:
- To bring free to the knowledge of Africans, various ways of making and creating wealth through agriculture.
- To fight poverty, hunger and starvation, by encouraging more people to engage in the business of food production.
- The need to give a voice to the farmer and agribusiness practitioner.
- Showcase and make new discoveries, technologies, innovations, etc. visible.
- To inform and educate readers, farmers and would-be farmers.
- To represent the farmer and agribusiness practitioner on government policies that affects their businesses for positive outcomes.
- To offer trainings to farmers and would-be farmers through seminars and workshops.
- To organize events; conferences, expos, fairs, etc.
- To give recognition to practitioners that have contributed to the growth and development of the sector within and beyond the continent.
- To attract investors (local and international) into the agricultural sector.
- Engage in partnerships/collaborations that will advance the sector.
With a pool of competent, seasoned and information driven team; who are authorities in various capacities, such as soil scientists, animal scientists, agronomist, environmentalist, journalist, IT experts, and planners to mention a few, we work collectively to provide cutting edge information, insights, solutions, recent discoveries, and trends to the general public, while communicating the potentials, opportunities and prospects inherent in agriculture.
Novus Agro Nigeria Limited:
From inception, we have been in partnership with Novus Agro Nigeria Limited, publishers of Novus Agro Community Index, a national weekly report on agro commodity prices.
Wealth-Sure Global Resources Group and Mokk Investments Limited:
We are also, currently in partnership with Wealth-Sure Global Resources Group and Mokk Investments Limited, to execute a collaborative venture titled; Massive Cassava Production Opportunity for All, an internationally-sponsored agricultural production project for food security and agro-business processing revolution, a Food Security and Family Empowerment programme, aimed at bridging the food scarcity gap while, at the same time, helping to assuage rising costs of food stuff in the local Nigerian market, today.
Global Exhibition & Business Services Limited
We also collaborated with Global Exhibition & Business Services Ltd, as one of the official media partners for the ECOWAS Agriculture, Agro-Allied & Technology Exhibition, the maiden edition, held between 12th – 22nd October, 2016, at the Kaduna International Trade and Investment Centre, Kaduna State, Nigeria.
The exhibition was organised to increase agricultural production and processing for self-sufficiency, poverty eradication and economic development.
AgroBusiness Times Partnered US-Nigeria Trade Council for AgriBusiness (Non-Oil) Investment Summit in Atlanta in 2017
AgroBusiness Times collaborated with as one of the official media partners for the US-Nigeria AgriBusiness (Non-Oil) Investment Summit (US-NAGRIS 2017) event.
The event explored and expanded the international presence for Nigeria’s agribusiness products and services, exhibit the nation’s export crops, agriculture products and services and establish contacts with US partners, expose participants from Nigeria to advanced agro-biotechnologies and data-driven, modern, large-scale farming solutions in USA, introduce delegates to unmanned vehicle (UAV) technologies (drones) that will make farming more cost effective, and productive for Nigeria farming environment.
Nigeria-Britain Association Agriculture Seminar
We also collaborated with the Nigeria-Britain Association on Agriculture Seminar in March 2018. The seminar was designed for professionals at mid to senior levels, budding agropreneurs, and persons who wish to understand the Agricultural eco-system with a view to making it a source of income and livelihood.