NATIONAL AGENCY FOR FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION AND CONTROL
VETERINARY MEDICINE AND ALLIED PRODUCTS (VMAP) DIRECTORATE
GUIDELINES FOR LISTING AS A PESTICIDE, AGROCHEMICAL AND
1. These guidelines are for the interest of the general public, and in particular Pesticide, Agrochemical and Fertilizer marketer in Nigeria.
2. It is necessary to emphasise that no importation shall be made by any importer of Pesticides, Agrochemicals and Fertilizers without obtaining import permit from
NAFDAC in accordance with provisions of NAFDAC ACT CAP N1 LFN 2004.
3. The Importing Company must be a duly registered company with facilities to effect a recall of the product when necessary.
1. An application for listing status as a Pesticide, Agrochemical and Fertilizer marketer shall be made on company’s letter head addressed to:
The Director General
National Agency for food and drug administration and control (NAFDAC)
ATTN: The Director, Veterinary Medicines and Allied Products Directorate
No 445, Herbert Macaulay way, Yaba, Lagos
2. An application must be submitted to the Liaison office of the Director (LOD) VMAP NAFDAC, stating the name and location of the marketer along side with application form
which must be properly filled. This form shall be obtained on payment of the prescribed fee.
3. The application form must be duly completed and signed by the Managing Director / Technical Officer.
C. DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENT FOR LISTING AS PESTICIDE,
AGROCHEMICAL AND FERTILIZER MARKETER.
The following documents shall be submitted along side with duly completed applicationform:
a) Application letter on company’s letter head addressed to the Director National
Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC), attention
Director, Veterinary Medicines and Allied Products (VMAP).
b) Copy of Certificate of incorporation or certificate of business registration with corporate affairs commission.
c) Certified true copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association.
d) Certified true copy of particulars of Directors Form CO7.
e) Photocopy of current tax clearance certificate.
(NB: Originals of items b – e above must be submitted for sighting)
f) Letter of employment and letter of acceptance, two passport photographs and
credentials of current technical officer with a minimum of National Diploma (ND) in related Sciences discipline.
g) Current medical certificate of fitness of technical staff and other chemical handlers
(Should not be more than six months).
h) Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for Storage/ Handling of Pesticide,
Agrochemical and Fertilizer.
i) Photocopy of expired listing certificate and the used permit for the preceeding year.
(Renewal application only).
j) Utilization records / Stock cards disposal records (Renewal application only).
k) Evidence of sale (Invoice), local purchase and waste disposal
l) List of customers indicating contact addresses, phone number and status (Marketer
or End user)
D. INSPECTION OF FACILITY:
An inspection of the warehouse facility for the storage of Pesticides, Agrochemicals and
Fertilizers will be carried out.
1. All payments to the Agency should be in Bank Draft /cash, payable to National Agency
for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) at designated banks
2. The cost of listing as a Pesticide, Agrochemical and Fertilizer marketer is Forty Three
Thousand Naira (₦43, 000.00) only, the details of the fee is as follows:
i. Application Form ₦1,000.00
ii. Warehouse Inspection ₦10,000.00 + 5% VAT
iii. Listing Certificate ₦30,000.00 + 5% VAT
a. Marketing without listing certificate. ₦300, 000:00
b. Marketing with expired listing certification ₦300,000:00
1. Please note that warehouse will be inspected after submission of completed inspection
2. The listing certificate is the Agency’s Authorization permitting the holder to market
Pesticides, Agrochemicals and Fertilizers in Nigeria.
3. The listing certificate is valid for two years from the date of issue and should be renewed
accordingly. Application for renewal should be made to NAFDAC at least three (3) months
before expiration of the current certificate.
4. A non- refundable fee of Five Thousand, Two Hundred and Fifty Naira only (₦5, 250: 00),
for Follow- up Warehouse Inspection will be paid when the need arises.
All correspondence in respect of this application should be addressed to:
Veterinary Medicines and Allied Products Directorate (VMAP),
No 445 Herbert Macaulay way,