- ASCT Kassa/Vom – Operational
- ASTC Mangu – Commencing operations in 2012
- ASTC Shendam – Construction near completion
Embedded in the agreement are four (4) commercial agricultural projects:
- Dairy Farm and Milk Processing Plant – Butura, Bokkos LGA
- 300 ha open field irrigated crops – Butura, Bokkos LGA
- 30 ha open field vegetable farm – Yelwa, Shendam LGA
- 6.1 ha Greenhouses, Net houses, Tunnels – Vom, Jos South LGA
Achievements of ASTC Kassa/Vom
- Yields of maize: Now between 6 – 8 tons per hectare from 2 tons
- Farmers served – 1,470
- Land area cultivated: 7,205 ha (Year 1 target – 2,000ha)
- Training: 2,200 farmers trained
- Inputs: Fertilizer – 1,211.9mt (24,239 bags)
- Seedlings: over 1.6 million assorted vegetable seedlings raised (Cucumber, Peppers, onions, cabbage, melon)
- Formation of co-operative groups: 7 established
- Direct Employment: 124 persons
- Very high demand for vegetables seeds
A. Establishment of Plateau State Agriculture Consultative Committee
B. The Ministry also identified all Agricultural projects in Plateau State and developed business plans for several projects; in particulate are:
The programmes are expected to:
C. Enhancing Performance
D. Support to Units/Agencies of Ministry Agricultural
E. Return of Home Economics Department to Ministry of Agriculture
F. Poultry Industry – Egg Glut Intervention
G. Federal Government Agriculture Transformation Agenda
H. GES Growth Enhancement Scheme Team
Fertilizer Distribution System:
- Farmer data capture (Agric Census)
- New Fertilizer and other inputs distribution system
NIRSAL Support for Irish Potato Programme:
4 Small AgroBusiness Investment Opportunities In Plateau State
1. Food Processing Plant
The food processing plant business is a soaring one in Plateau and entrepreneurs have taken a cue from this. You can be sure of good profit when you go about doing things the right way. Be sure to draw up a comprehensive business guide to guide you all the way.
2.Tin Mining and Production Company
Plateau state has the largest deposits of tin in Nigeria and the state is highly suitable for this type of business. If you are an investor looking for a business to setup in Plateau state, you can consider starting your own tin mining and Production Company. There are loads of companies that use tin for packaging their products. Some of the companies you can target are beverage production companies, drinks production companies, milk production companies, tomato paste processing companies and any food processing company that make use of tins to package their products.
3. Coffee Café
Coffee café is one of the strategic businesses an entrepreneur can possibly establish in Plateau state. If you have been to the state before, you will agree that the state can be extremely cold around December period. So, one of the ways people keep warm is to drink coffee at regular intervals. Hence, once your coffee café is well positioned, you will attract loads of customers per day and you will make good returns from the business.
4. Mechanized Farming
Gone are the days when farmers overburden themselves to farm the crude way in Plateau. You can decide to invest in this type of venture when you have the passion as well as the capital to acquire the needful equipment. Furthermore, you are sure to get capable hands to help when you are ready to hire.
In addition to all these, you have got to make sure that you seek the advice of experts in what you want to dabble into. This is because you would be able to garner information from an expert’s point of view.